i FOUND AN AWESOME RECIPE TO MAKE YOUR OWN LIPGLOSS, CHECK IT!
Luscious Lavender Lip Balm Recipe
- 4 Tbsp jojoba, almond, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grated beeswax or beeswax pearls
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out liquid vitamin E capsules)
- 7 drops lavender essential oil (or other essential oil)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tsp colored, natural lipstick (optional, if you want it to have a hint of color)
Warm the oils, beeswax and honey in a small, stainless steel pot or bowl. Be sure to warm it on VERY low heat. (You can use a double boiler, if you’d like.) Stir until the beeswax is completely melted. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the essential oil, vitamin E, cocoa powder, and colored lipstick. Place the bottom of the bowl into a shallow pan of ice water and continue whisking quickly as you add the honey. Once the honey is incorporated, quickly transfer the balm into your lip balm container (tube or tin) and allow to set for 3 hours.