This is so cool! If you haven’t checked out Lauren Conrads official website you guys should totally go and see all the amazing and fun stuff she has on there. She posted this blog about her top foods that will help you with getting or keeping a flat belly. Obviously to get rid of belly fat it is not just eating right alone, you have to work out your whole body (cardio) to take it off! But in the process of working on putting these foods in your diet will help you out a lot.
Photo & info from Laurenconrad.com
- Raspberries (as well as strawberries and blueberries) are packed with fiber, which keeps you feeling full longer (and—ahem—more regular). Plus they are packed with vitamin C, which is good for your immune system as well as your skin.
- Kale is a natural anti-inflammatory; it helps reduce bloat and it also revs up the metabolism because it is a flavonoid. Eat up!
- Oatmeal maintains blood sugar levels so you don’t crash and binge. Plus it’s full of fiber so it will keep you satiated.
- Low-fat yogurt not only has calcium, but it is also a probiotic that fights fat storage and prevents bloat.
- Almonds are packed with healthy fats that reduce food cravings while building muscle. Consider almonds the ultimate power snack.
- Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids, which help bump up your metabolism so your body burns fat faster and more efficiently.
- Watermelon is—just as you expected—full of water (about 92% to be exact). It actually helps flush extra water from your system, which in turn reduces puffiness.
- Garlic is a magical thing. It helps reduce fat in the liver, it detoxifies and it lessens bloating. To maximize its benefits, take a few fresh slivers of garlic and sandwich them between two thinly sliced apple wedges and smear them with a little honey. Eat this before bed to reap all the benefits.
- Avocado is loaded with lots of healthy fats that burn fat while providing your body with energy.
- Quinoa is a magical whole grain that is packed with protein (11 grams for just a half cup) and fiber so it keeps you feeling full longer.