Black beans are already great by themselves and at Chipotle BUT they are actually really great as a burger. I have had remade ones at Costco and I loved them. They are all vegetarian and full of flavor not to mention really filling. Here is a simple recipe for you guys to try out. Great for anyone to try! Yum!
Black Bean Burger Recipe:
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 small Romaine lettuce leaves, or any other type you have on hand
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat.
In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add 1 can black beans, cilantro, parsley, egg, and red pepper flakes and pulse to combine.
Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the remaining can of black beans and the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until well combined.
Reserve 1/3 of the black bean mixture for Round 2 Recipe. Divide remaining mixture into 4 portions and form into patties. Place on hot oiled grill over medium-low heat and cook about 6 minutes a side or until heated through. Toast hamburger buns on a grill. Place a burger on the bottom of each bun. Top with lettuce, tomato and ketchup. Cover the burgers with the top of the bun and serve.
Use the leftovers from this recipe in Black Bean Enchiladas.
photo from google.com