Okay, reason I am calling these bad boys “Whoopsa-Daisy” is because when I originally found this recipe online…I really went to town and starting getting creative and adding on more healthy and vegan ingredients. That being said I was a little worried at how they would come out but to my surprise they were amazing! These are so good in the morning with a cup of coffee and right before a work out.
– 2 CUPS Whole Wheat Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
– 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
– 1 whole ripe MASHED avocado
– 1/2 cup of steel cut oats (not cooked)
– 3 Tablespoons of Olive oil or (I used) Grapeseed oil
– 1 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (not imitation)
– 4 Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed ( I get a huge bag for $6 at Costco)
– 2 CUPS all natural organic peanut butter (Real peanut butter has oil at the top of the can)
– 3/4 teaspoon salt ( I used pink Himalayan)
– 1/2 cup of Coconut raw sugar (If you like cookies to be a little sweet)
– 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
– 3/4 cup Agave Nectar or Organic Maple Syrup
– 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond/rice milk
-Raw coconut sugar (for sprinkling on top)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
Mix the peanut butter, Agave nectar, olive oil, and vanilla extract until combined in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking soda, and salt – (try not to over mix – just enough to mix all together) Then pour the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients and begin to mix & fold and again DO NOT over mix – just enough for everything to be evenly mixed.
(Over mixing doesn’t make for a happy soft cookie)
Roll into balls ( use an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon) then gently press on the cookies with a fork – (If the fork sticks dip the fork into a tiny bit of Flour or Powdered Sugar)
. Sprinkle the tops with salt and raw coconut sugar. Bake for 11 minutes until set.
I took them out at 10 minutes and let them set in the pan for 1 minute to finish cooking and the cookies were SO soft.